Wedenesday Roll Call

IdaMae D.
on 12/27/11 7:23 pm - Philadelphia, PA
GM PA:

After only a week and couple days off from work, I'm missing my afternoon naps!!! 

Steffi I'm with you let it snow!!!!  I can bring my laptop home and work from home when it snows!!!!!!  Sleep late, take a nap in the afternoon - oh please bring on the snow!!!!

Work was very quiet yesterday - it is a ghost town in the offices...

Today working till 4ish, then home to see what interesting stuff Gene has gotten himself into....

Hope you all have a wonderul day!!!

Ida

IdaMae

Nicole0216
on 12/27/11 7:29 pm - Lancaster, PA
Hi Ida and PA. I have been MIA been traveling for the Holidays and trying to get back into the groove of things, work has been so insane as well. I would not agree about the snow LOL i hate it and we have to be at work no matter what no call outs no snow days, and at 430 in the morning trying to get your car our sucks. So no snow for me.

The trip home could have been worse but could have been better too. I will probably blog about it later and post it but it is amazing to me how selfish people can be and insensitive to others that are different from them. If the common bond of family is not enough to allow for some tolerance no wonder the counrty is in the state it is in.

working today at least i got to come in and put my coat up today and even check in on here yesterday was a nightmare but i survived and had a nice evening with Jason so, all in all not bad.
dit657
on 12/27/11 9:35 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning all - after spending a week in the Sunshine state I'm voting with Nicole - NO SNOW!! we're not heading north until Friday but the last thing I want to come home to is snow. And cold.

My younger sister ended up in the ER last night due to severe vomiting and abdominal pains. Her white blood count was elevated so they think she may have some kind of gastric virus. Her appendix seems fine and and doesn't have a gall bladder. Haven't talked to her this morning - hoping she slept well last night.

Today is our last day in Florida (very sad) - tomorrow we drive as far as Smithville, NC and spend the night there then meet up with our friends from Maryland and go to the Ava Gardner museum then on to their beach place in Fenwick for New Years.

I've loved being here and playing in our new house - still seems a tad surreal that we own 2 houses 1,000 miles apart. Seems most of the stuff that came down on this trip was my nephews so I don't have a lot to unpack but I did measure windows and walls - picked out carpet for the 2 spare rooms and got a few things done. I'll run over today to do a few more little things then say good-bye to it for a few months. Hadn't really planned on coming back down before we actually move but not sure I can stay away that long - lol!!

Today we're going to this neat little shop in New Smyrna Beach called Frikki Tiki - Kris bought some great wine from there and Vicki got this Tortuga rum cake, so I want to get some of both to take for NYE festivities.

Well folks enjoy the day - if there is snow I hope it's all gone by the time I get back!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
bvohl
on 12/27/11 10:04 pm
GM Ida and PA!!

I don't want snow until we are back to school!LOL!!

Yesterday we spent the day with good friends. We had a nice day except when the rain came...so we left a little earlier than expected but it was all good. We made a few stops on the way home including a trip to target to get Dee the last of her Hanukkah presents. She did well, she got three toys which she is playing with now.

Today is cleaning up and straightening the house. The house looks like a tornado hit it! I have to put away the hanukkah menorah too! Later I have to get my nails done...laundry is also on the agenda! If I feel up to it I may do some baking.

Have a great day!
Love to all, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Patricia R.
on 12/27/11 10:24 pm - Perry, MI
 Good Morning Ida and PA,
I had a fun, exhausting day with my kids yesterday.  My son helped me rearrange my living room and my daughter helped rearrange my dining room.  I also got my Christmas presents from my kids.  My daughter and older son gave me a beautiful bike, and my younger son gave me a bluetooth speaker thing for my car.

Today, I have to go into work for my performance review.  The hospital has been closed since Hurricane Irene, but I have been getting a part time paycheck none the less.  Pretty sweet.

I also must get to a meeting.  Have not been to one since Christmas morning.  I also hope to see my daughter and the Munchkins once more before they go back to Michigan.

Have a blessed day.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Lisa H.
on 12/27/11 11:31 pm - Whitehall, PA
Happy Friday... oh wait, it's actually Wednesday.. but guess what?! It's my Friday.. for real! Even Dress Barn.  I had requested these days off when I was trying to go down to Florida to spend New Year's with Tanya.  Well, I can't afford to make the trip.  But, decided to keep the days off and take a break, anyway.  

So, I will work Aetna today until who knows when.  Tonight, I am making dinner and just plan to hang out here with Siehara.  I'm hoping we can find a movie or something we can watch together.  Last night's appointment seemed to go pretty well.  She/we are going to be going every Tuesday for therapy for awhile.   She did talk a bit last night about what is going on, so she must have been at least a little bit comfortable with her.  

Tomorrow during the day, Siehara is taking a babysitting certification class with the Red Cross.  We have talked about it for a long time and I finally signed her up as one of her Hanukkah presents.  It is pretty expensive, but in the end it will be good for her.  Not only will it allow her more opportunity to get babysitting gigs, but will also help teach her responsibility.  

While she is there, I am hoping to get my muffler put back on (it's supposed to come in today or tomorrow), get an oil change and have him check out my lock and my trunk so I can get the little stuff out of the way and be sure it will pass inspection in February.  

Neil is coming in at some point tomorrow and will be here until Monday, I think.  At some point while he is here, we are going to sit down with Siehara and talk to her, as well.  As part of my discussion with her the other night, I had told her that she and I only have each other and she mentioned that I have him now.  I corrected her and said no, WE have Neil now.  He has always been very clear about not wanting Siehara to think that he is taking me from her.  He wants to be that positive male role model that she very much needs.  He is very good to both of us in so many ways. 

The plans for the weekend are pretty much up in the air.  The only thing I KNOW is that Siehara's brother is coming for her on Friday when he gets out of work.  I don't know if she will spend the night with him or just the evening.  I'll find out soon.  Saturday afternoon, I am going to take her to spend time with a friend who came home for the Christmas break after living in TX for the past 9 months.  Saturday night, I think we are babysitting and then Sunday we are going to Neil's parents' house to spend New Year's Day with them.  

My tracker

hers 

sandy L.
on 12/28/11 12:19 pm - Altoona, PA
 Evening Ida and PA.

Ida I can't wait for it to snow either, but I live right next door to work, so I have no excuses.

It's been a busy few months for me.  I haven't had much computer time, which is a good thing.  Hoping everyone has a safe and Happy New Year, if I don't make it bac****il after 2012.

Sandy

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views